One Day in Bangkok : 10 Things to Do and See

Bangkok is a fascinating city. There are lots of activities and attractions for everyone including interesting sites and delicious street food available in every corner – more than you could ever imagine.

If you know someone who lives in Bangkok, you might already know that most of us often go to hang out in  shopping malls and I assume that is because the weather in Bangkok is hot almost all year round or sometimes when it rains you we want to be somewhere dry, right? This could be the answer why there are so many shopping malls around Bangkok and new ones being build at exceeding rate.

I visit malls quite often too, mostly to watch a movie or a bite to eat. Because I work from home I tend to go out almost every day. In the evenings I like to go and find good food both at Thai and international restaurants.

Apart from going to shopping malls and visiting the famous temples such as Grand palace or Wat Po (the declining Buddha) or the well known Chatuchak weekend market, I have listed below some places I would like to recommend you to visit:

1. Or Tor Kor Market – The Best Fresh Market in Thailand

IMG_3155

2. Museum of Siam: Discovery Museum

Museum-of-Siam01

3. The Jim Thompson House Museum

JimThompsonHouse7

4. Kwan-Riam Floating Market

Kwan Riam Floating Market

5. Lumpini Park – Best Park in Bangkok

lumpini-park

6. Rotfai park

Rotfai park

7. Cat Cafe in Bangkok

Cat cafe

8. Wat Arun “the Temple of Dawn”

Wat Arun

9. Bangkok’s China Town

Chinatown Bangkok

10. The World’s Largest Golden Buddha Image

Golden Buddha

Below are a few places I recently visited and enjoyed very much, I was amazed to find such places not far from the heart of one of busiest cities in the world. Unfortunately I haven’t managed to write a post about them. I will find time to write about these places as soon as possible. You might have to Google these names to find more information in the mean time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1. ตลาดน้ำคลองลัดมะยม Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market

2. Baan Silapin (บ้านศิลปิน) The Artist’s House

3. Bang Krachao (บางกระเจ้า), Bangkok’s Green Lung

If you are not in a mood to move around too much – like I sometimes feel myself. For days like this, check out these lists of my favourite restaurants in Bangkok;

If you’re looking for more Bangkok nightlife as the song sings ‘One night in Bangkok and the world’s your oyster‘, you may want to take the BTS to Silom station or Nana station to soi Sukhumvit 11 for a chance to stop into a bar or a vibrant night club for a few drinks. If you want to hangout where most local people go, check out Ekamai road (Ekamai station) or RCA (one of Bangkok’s largest clubbing area, located between Rama IX Road and Phetchaburi Road)

So there it is, my tips for something you can choose to do and see for one day in Bangkok. Have fun!

In case you are considering to take private Thai lessons, contact us to schedule a free trial lesson at adjima_t@hotmail.com or click HERE to find more information. 😉

, ,

14 Responses to One Day in Bangkok : 10 Things to Do and See

1. ไรอัน 08/07/2015 at 22:14 #

หวัสดีครับพี่ เป็นไงบ้างอ่ะ
    จะไปกรุงเทพที่ 17-08-2015 อยากเจอกันด้วยน้า ได้มั้ยครับ

• Mod 13/07/2015 at 19:49 #

สวัสดีค่ะไรอัน

มดสบายดีค่ะ ขอโทษนะคะที่มดไปเจอไม่ได้เพราะต้องทำงานค่ะ

เที่ยวกรุงเทพให้สนุกนะคะ 🙂

2. Mark 17/05/2015 at 22:15 #

The cat café was featured in The Amazing Race this season. I’ll pass on visiting – cat’s aren’t my thing.

3. Richard 17/05/2015 at 21:41 #

pom waa krungtheep pen muang yay naa son cay naa tuun ten mii chiiwit chiiwaa khon thai
    suan maak ko cay dii khop ngaay

4. Jerry 17/05/2015 at 17:36 #

Phantastik Bangkok !!! Will you be my guide?

5. Bruce taylor 17/05/2015 at 09:39 #

Hi Khru Mod,

I wonder if you could visit the museum of contemporary art in Bangkok,
    MOCA…….it is a most enlightening experience and very different,
    Good idea to help introduce the artistic talent that is coming from Thailand,
    Being a buddhist country the art is also reflecting buddhist belief,
    There are superstars of Thailand art in this gallery.
    please please khru mod take the time to visit ,
    I gaurantee you it would be an excellent day for you, takes about 2 hours
    To walk through, not far from chatulak market,
    The gallery is a highlight of thai art and is very important to the people
    Of the world and the people of Thailand….
    Regards
    Bruce taylor

6. James 17/05/2015 at 01:36 #

What is it you are eating at the Or Tor Kor Market, Mod? Is it durian sections?

7. Daniel 16/05/2015 at 21:26 #

Bangkok is remarkably the most beautiful place I ever see. Lots of thing to do and lots of people to meet . I just can’t wait to come there again and stay for a long time …..

8. Simon 16/05/2015 at 18:36 #

Your restaurants link is brilliant, But where can I find top end vegan restaurants in Bangkok?

• Pete 17/05/2015 at 09:18 #

vegan food is top in pakistan,top end of umjbha rd

• Simon 17/05/2015 at 17:37 #

Thanks Pete, now if they can only sort out the danger of going there I may pay it a visit !

9. Nigel 16/05/2015 at 18:27 #

One little mistake at the start -wat pjo is the reclining Buddha not declining ;).

Thank you for the post I will be in Bangkok in 3 weeks again.

• James 17/05/2015 at 00:39 #

Hi Nigel.
      Declining Buddha sounds like more fun 😉

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Klong Lat Mayom: the Authentic Bangkok Floating Market | Learn Thai with Mod - 06/06/2017

[…] One Day in Bangkok : 10 Things to Do and See […]