VIDEO: Useful Phrases “I Can’t Wait!”

There are two ways to say “I can’t wait” in Thai.

1. รอไม่ไหวแล้ว /raw mâi-wăi láew/

Pattern:

รอ/raw/ + do something + ไม่ไหวแล้ว /mâi-wăi láew/

รอกลับประเทศไทยไม่ไหวแล้ว

รอกลับประเทศไทยไม่ไหวแล้ว /raw glàp bprà-têet-tai mâi-wăi láew/

รอเจอคุณไม่ไหวแล้ว /raw jer kun mâi-wăi láew/

1. ตั้งหน้าตั้งตารอ / dtâng-nâa-dtâng-dta-raw/ which could be translate to English “I look forward to”

Pattern:

ตั้งหน้าตั้งตารอ / dtâng-nâa-dtâng-dta-raw/ + จะ /jà/ + do something

มดตั้งหน้าตั้งตารอจะกินอาหารไทยเผ็ดๆแซบๆ

Mod dtâng-nâa-dtâng-dta-raw jà gin aa-hăan tai pèd-pèd sâeb-sâeb

I look forward to eating spicy and delicious Thai food.

เค้าตั้งหน้าตั้งตารอจะเจอลูกของเค้า

káo dtâng-nâa-dtâng-dta-raw jà jer lûuk kăwng káo

He looks forward to seeing his child.

5 Best Words for Complimenting a Woman

10 Thai Romantic Phrases

VIDEO: Useful Phrases to Show You Care

VIDEO: Customizing Food Order

10 Responses to VIDEO: Useful Phrases “I Can’t Wait!”

1. Clare 15/03/2018 at 10:01 #

I just love your posts, there is always something useful and interesting there. I am married to a Thai, but we always speak English!

• Mod 19/03/2018 at 15:45 #

I am happy to hear that you found our lessons interesting and useful in your Thai learning. Keep practicing. 🙂

2. Udo 21/02/2018 at 21:52 #

Nice lesson again Mod.
    I just came back from Thailand and really want to learn more. One thing I asked a couple of people and noone really could answer me.
    In Thai you write letter after letter in one sentence without separating words. How do I as a farang know when a word ends and another word starts?

Thanks
    Udo

• Mod 19/03/2018 at 15:58 #

Sawatdee ka Udo, sorry for my late reply.

A Thai word consists of consonant + vowel , or consonant + vowel + final consonant (A tone mark os always on the top). The challenge is the vowels, it can be either at the front, on the top, below or surrounding a first consonant. Please pay attention to the vowel form and you can tell where a word starts or ends.

For example; แม่ (mom) กิน (eat) ข้าว (rice) , we put three words in a sentence. แม่กินข้าว Can you see where the word “eat” starts and ends?

I hope this makes sense.

• Udo 22/03/2018 at 17:33 #

Kawpkun maak krap Mod,
        I think I got it and will try to practice separating the words in a sentence.

• Mod 25/03/2018 at 10:22 #

I am happy to hear that you found this lesson useful in your Thai learning. 🙂

3. Joshua Tan 29/01/2018 at 16:58 #

Thank you so much kru Mod,your lessons always so practical,I am learning a lot

• Mod 01/02/2018 at 15:38 #

Sawatdii ka Joshua, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed this lesson. Thank you for your positive comment. 🙂

4. Joe 29/01/2018 at 13:41 #