VIDEO: Thai Swear Words

This video clip has gone viral among Thai social media users. It is about a foriegn guy got cursed the first time by a Thai. In the video, he told us almost ten swear words in Thai. Below are words spoken in the clip;

Do you know ควย /kuoy/ ?

ควย /kuoay/ means ‘dick’

He said he knew many curse words such as:

ไอสัตว์ / i sàt/ animal

ไอเหี้ย /i hîa/ monitor lizard  (Yep! “monitor lizard” in Thai is considered a very bad word)

*Note: ไอ /i/ or ไอ้  /î/ is a rude title used to put before a name you call someone.

พ่อมึงตาย /pâw mueng dtaai/ your father dies

แม่มึงสิ /mâe mueng sì/ it’s your mother

(This is a common way to respond when someone curses at you that ‘your father died’. You say ‘it’s your mother! (not my father) )

อีกะหรี่ /e gà-rìi/ hore

ไอหน้าหี /i nâa hǐi/ vagina face

His favorite word is “เย็ด /yét/ (to fuck)” because he thinks it is a convenient word, you can put anything behind it.

These are his example;

เย็ดแม่ /yét mâe/ fuck mom

เย็ดเป็ด /yét bpèt/ fuck duck

เย็ดเข้ /yét kây/ fuck alligator

เย็ดเหี้ย /yét hîa/ fuck monitor lizard

เย็ดครก /yét krók/ fuck mortar

The video creator: facebook.com/BenzThanachart
The foreign guy in the clip : facebook.com/seniornelsondancing

VIDEO: Thai Bra Ad Goes Viral

VIDEO: Thai Slang – We Are of the Same Mind

VIDEO: How To Go There?

VIDEO: Going to the Movies

VIDEO: Taking SkyTrain

VIDEO: When and How to Wai Properly

VIDEO : Type of Person I like

VIDEO: 10 Useful Words of the Heart

VIDEO : Relationship

16 Responses to VIDEO: Thai Swear Words

1. Ivan 02/08/2014 at 18:19 #

Hi Mod,

I appreciate your time and effort!

You link, in this article, to:
    VIDEO: Thai Bra Ad Goes Viral

VIDEO: Thai Slang – We Are of the Same Mind

VIDEO: How To Go There?

VIDEO: Going to the Movies

VIDEO: Taking SkyTrain

VIDEO: When and How to Wai Properly

VIDEO : Type of Person I like

VIDEO: 10 Useful Words of the Heart

VIDEO : Relationship

Except for the first one, they all need a wordpress login.

Is this deliberate?

Regards,
    Ivan.

• Mod 04/08/2014 at 13:07 #

Sawatdee ka Ivan, thank you for your message. No, it is not deliberate. I am not sure why they require a login, it shouldn’t be like that. Let me have a look.

2. Jon 02/04/2014 at 19:30 #

อีกะหรี่ /e gà-rìi/ hore

hore should be spelled whore (a person who does sex work or prostitution).

I understand there are several words for a person who does sex work.

3. Daniel 27/03/2014 at 21:46 #

5555, I imagine the scene of the girl saying naa/daak ling and can´t stop laughing. Thank you for all your interesting posts.

4. Nigel 24/03/2014 at 19:25 #

Some ladies(not so nice) will say Nah Ling which means monkey face but say it quickly so the foreigner thinks they mean Darling.

5. Ralf 24/03/2014 at 12:41 #

I like that you are including some “bad” words on your website as well, Mod! I rarely use them, but it doesn’t hurt to know them. A Thai lady friend of mine once asked me to comment on her new hair cut and asked me “na-rak mai?” You should have seen her reaction when instead of “na-rak” I answered “na-yet maak!”
    There is a great book called “Outrageous Thai” by T.F. Rhoden, which is loaded with profanity and things they don’t typically teach you at language schools.

• Mod 24/03/2014 at 14:47 #

Thank you for reading my post. I am happy you enjoyed it. 🙂

6. jason 24/03/2014 at 12:21 #

555. I think it means ass monkey 555. Thais understand when I have used it. Is this correct ? thanks for a humourous post.

• Mod 24/03/2014 at 14:31 #

I understand ลิง /ling/ (monkey), but I was thinking so hard about the word “ดาก daak”. Now I know what it is! I asked my Isan friend, she told me that ดาก /dàak/ is Isan dialect meaning ‘ass’. Thank you for introducing me a new word. 🙂

7. jason 24/03/2014 at 12:15 #

I think he was cursed in the first year but he did,nt understand enough Thai. My favourite is Daak Ling.

• Mod 24/03/2014 at 12:18 #

That could be true. 555 Anyway, what is “Daak Ling”? I am sorry I am note sure what it is.

• Cameron B 24/03/2014 at 12:34 #

Hey Kruu Mod ,

ดากลิง or Dark ling is what jason has been hearing .I have herd it many times before in Thailand

• Mod 24/03/2014 at 14:28 #

Sawatdee ka kun Cam, could it be ดาร์ลิง (Darling) that you have heard?

• Reena 24/03/2014 at 12:39 #

ดากลิง – the joke it’s that it sounds like the English word “Darling”.
        So when a bargirl sweetly calls her customer “Darling”, she is really saying ดากลิง.

• Jon 02/04/2014 at 19:27 #

What exactly is ดากลิง? What does it mean or imply?

• Mod 07/04/2014 at 12:07 #

ดาก is “butt” and ลิง is “monkey”, so it means “monkey’s butt”. I don’t understand either why people in Isan use this word to scold at someone.