VIDEO: Exercise Activities

1. ชอบออกกำลังกายมั้ย

/chôrp òrk-gam-lang-gaai mái?/

Do you like to exercise?

–      ชอบออกกำลังกายมากค่ะ /chôrp òrk-gam-lang-gaaimâak kâ/ I like to exercise a lot.

Click here to learn more about how to ask and answer Thai Yes/No question

2. ชอบกีฬาอะไร

/chôrpgii-laaà-rai?/

What sports do you like?

–      วิ่ง /wîng/ to run

–      ว่ายน้ำ /wâai-náam/ to swim

–      โยคะ /yoe-ká/ yoga

–      สกี /sà-gii/ ski

Other sports Thai people like are: ฟุตบอล /fút-bon/ football, เทนนิส /ten-nit/ tennis, ตะกร้อ /dtà-grôr/, เต้นแอโรบิก /dtên ae-ro-bìc/ aeroci dancing, กอล์ฟ /gób/ golf

–      ประเทศไทยไม่มีหิมะ /bprà-tâde tai mâi mii hì-má/ Thailand doesn’t have any snow

NOTE:  หิมะ / hì-má/ was borrowed from Sanskrit. India has snow in the HIMA-layas. 🙂

3. วิ่งบ่อยแค่ไหน

/wing bòi kâe-năi?/

How often do you run?

There are three different ‘how’ question words in Thai language:

[1] ยังไง /yang-ngai/ used to ask ‘how to do something?’

Ex. คุณไปทำงานยังไง /kun bpai tam-ngaan yang-ngai?/ How do you go to work?

[2] เท่าไหร่ /tâo-rài/ used to ask for answers that can be measured in numbers

Ex. คุณสูงเท่าไหร่ /kun sŭung tâo-rài?/ How tall are you?

คุณอายุเท่าไหร่ /kun aa-yú tâo-rài?/ How old are you?

คุณเรียนภาษาไทยนานเท่าไหร่ /kun rian paa-săa tai naan tâo-rài?/ How long did you study Thai?

[3] แค่ไหน /kâe-năi/ used to ask for opinion or perception

Ex. เผ็ดแค่ไหน /pèd kâe-năi/ How spicy is it?

• How often? is บ่อยแค่ไหน /bòi kâe-năi?/
  • How far? is ไกลแค่ไหน  /glai kâe-năi?/ or ไกลเท่าไหร่ /glai tâo-rài/

–      สัปดาห์ละ 2-3 ครั้ง

/sàp-daalá 2-3 kráng/

Two to three times per week

English structure is “3 times per week”

Thai structure is “week per 3 times”

4. วันนี้วิ่งกี่กิโลเมตร

/wan-níi wing gìi gì-lo-mâde/

How many kilometers did you run?

Question word ‘how many’ in Thai is กี่ /gìi/

The pattern is noun + กี่/gìi/ + classifier

EX. เพื่อนกี่คน /pûean gìi kon/ How many friends?

คุณมีเพื่อนคนไทยกี่คน /kun mii pûean kon tai gìi kon?/

How many Thai friends do you have?

–      ออกกำลังกายทุกวัน สุขภาพแข็งแรง

/òrk-gam-lang-gaai túk wan sùk-kà-pâab kăeng-raeng/

Exercise everyday, your health is strong

–       ต้องไปก่อน /dtông bpai gòrn

Here is the park I like to go for a run:)

I hope you learn a lot from this lesson,

Mod

15 Responses to VIDEO: Exercise Activities

1. erik 19/04/2015 at 17:30 #

sawa dee khrap,khop kun khrap for the nice lesson,its very nice for to learn

2. Christiane 13/02/2015 at 06:00 #

You said : ” My comment is awaiting moderation ” for several days …… Can you explain to me “what is the trouble ” or what i might have missed “to do” in some way ?

Thanks !!!

Christiane.

• Mod 04/03/2015 at 23:09 #

Swatdee ka Christiane, I am sorry for this. It is actually the setting in WordPress, I have to approve all comments before it shows and it is my own mistake that I forgot about this setting and didn’t check for the pending comments for a long while. Please accept my apology.

3. Christiane 25/01/2015 at 05:03 #

Looking forward seeing your new pleasant videos soon with others scenarios ! All of them are so useful !
    🙂 Let’s carry on like that Mod ! Good job indeed because good explanations + + + + +

Christiane.

• Mod 05/03/2015 at 09:43 #

Sawatdee ka Christiane, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my videos.Thank you for your kind comments. 🙂

4. Christiane 05/01/2015 at 01:00 #

Thanks SO MUCH, Dear Kru Mod, for this useful Video !

Thanks to YOU, it is a so fancy and easy way to learn Thaï language ! ( Even for French People, because you speak English at the just right speed …… = not too much fast ! )

I ‘ll not forget to practice all the new sentences you explained us here, and i feel excited to tell them to my New Thai Daughter in Law ! 😉

I am looking forward to see you again on new-ones, and say ” MANY CONGRATULATIONS for your excellent and helpful work ” !

Christiane.

5. Alyx 26/07/2014 at 23:41 #

This is the last video I remember being uploaded to your Youtube channel before it was closed and you opened a new one. I’m so glad that I’m up to date again! Yay! Thank you Kru Mod!

6. yoram 02/07/2014 at 19:32 #

hi mot!

i i need to translate 235 page from thai ti english .how much it will cost me?
    my phone namber is : 972+545274769.thank’s.

• Mod 08/07/2014 at 17:19 #

Sawatdee ka Yoram, apologies for my late reply. I am sorry I don’t do translation work.

7. Norman King 30/06/2014 at 12:37 #

สวัสดีครับครูมด,

Excellent video as always …
    I have learnt that the question word mái should be written : ไหม but i see you write it มั้ย, which is closer to the actual pronunciation (้high tone).
    Are both spellings correct ?

ขอบคุณมากครับ

โนร์มัน

• Mod 30/06/2014 at 21:38 #

สวัสดีค่ะโนร์มัน Both spellings are correct. 🙂

8. eric charlier 22/06/2014 at 16:49 #

Very pretty fun thaï Language Lesson .
    By the way at what time of the day do you prefer running in Bangkok and where?

Sawadee Khrab.

9. mikael 04/03/2013 at 01:15 #

best video.. thx khru mod

10. Pascal 30/01/2013 at 04:35 #