VIDEO: Thai Greeting

Hi everyone,

From my last post we learned how to say hello in Thai, so let’s continue from there. Let’s begin your first Thai conversation with this nice and lovely greeting question .

sà-baai-dii mái?  (สบายดีมั้ย?) means ‘How are you?‘ or to translate directly to English it means ‘Are you fine?

The  response to sà-baai-dii mái? is sà-baai-dii (สบายดี) which means ‘I am fine’

and as always please finish the sentence with polite particle;)

Now you can start greeting your Thai friends with Thai greeting.

, ,

9 Responses to VIDEO: Thai Greeting

1. Ruumi 10/03/2014 at 03:34 #

Khun Mod,

I feel good about learning from your lesson.
    Maybe the video was moved. I look forward to see it.

( สบาย(ดี) มั้ย? ) <– looks like I learning quite fast.

• Mod 10/03/2014 at 12:18 #

สวัสดีค่ะ Ruumi, my old YouTube channel has been suspended, but I have a new channel called “ThaiwithMod”. Please don’t forget to subscribe. I re-upload some of the videos from the old channel to the new one already. I will continue to load more, but it takes some time to edit them.

I edited this lesson and put a new video in, please recheck. Thank you for watching. kop kun ka:)

• Ruumi 08/05/2014 at 02:50 #

Dear Kru Mod

I wanted to say thank you, for helping me see the video.
        and yes, I will be sure to subscribe.

The way you teach is clear, friendly, alluring, and fun.

ขอบคุณมากครับ

Ruumi

• Mod 09/05/2014 at 12:38 #

Sawatdee ka Ruumi, thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you found my lessons useful in your Thai learning.ขอบคุณมากค่ะ 🙂

2. Thomas 23/05/2013 at 03:05 #

Hi Mod, there are other ways to say “hello”. Which of the following is used colloquially, which is informal?

(1) เป็นยังไงบ้าง (bpen-yang-ngai-bâang?),
    (2) เป็นอย่างไรบ้าง (((((bpen yàang rai bâang?)
    (3) เป็นไงบ้าง (((bpen ngai bâang?)
    (4) เป็นไงมั่ง (((bpen ngai mâng?)

• Mod 30/05/2013 at 11:32 #

Apologies for my late reply. No 3 and 4 are informal.:)